Become a Member
The Lakemoor Hills Garden Club strives to preserve and enhance the natural beauty of our neighborhood, equip members with the knowledge and tools to create and maintain our public spaces and home gardens, and foster a sense of community in the neighborhood. Membership is open to any resident of the Lakemoor Hills peninsula.
Click the button to the right to access the Membership Application. There are two ways to complete the application process:
- The interactive membership form can be filled out in your web browser. Save your work and print the completed form to return by mail, with your $50 membership dues.
- Print the empty form to fill out by hand and return by mail, with your $50 membership dues.
Mailing instructions are on the form. We look forward to getting to know you!
In addition to our ongoing projects, the Garden Club meets on the third Thursday of every month at 10 AM. Meeting locations change depending on the program, so check the calendar of events for the most recent information.
Our Conservation Pledge: I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully defend from waste the natural resources of my country, its soil and minerals, its forests, water and wildlife.
- Grow flowers and share them with others
- Plant a new shrub, try some new flower in your garden or have some new or unusual house plant each year.
- Read as many new garden books in the library as possible
- Visit other gardens open to the public
- Have 100% membership participation in our new and continuing projects.
Get in Touch
The following are the 2021-2022 Officers and Committee Leaders. We’d love to hear your ideas for the club.
- President – Holli Rogers
- President-Elect – John Bradley
- Recording Secretary – Sharon Gerkin
- Corresponding Secretary – Cindy McLaughlin
- Treasurer – Suzan Bowman
- Parliamentarian – Tanya Copeland
- Advisor – Suzan Bowman
- Civics – Vacant
- Devotions – Kristin Bianconi
- Fundraiser (Pecans) – Suzan Bowman
- Hospitality – Rita Powers
- Lakemoor Hill Resource Council Liaison – Linda Haynes
- Marketing/Communications – Randy Kerns
- Nominations – Cindy McLaughlin
- Programs – John Bradley
- Legacy Park – Kristin Bianconi
- Yearbook – Fran Thomforde
- Beautification Council Liason – Holli Rogers
Blooming Since 1956
The Garden Club has been continuously active in the beautification of the neighborhood since 1956, when Mrs. W. C. Hale served as the first president.
[more info TBPB: Linda]
As a member of the following national and regional organizations, our Garden Club offers educational programs on flower shows, landscape design, garden study, and basic horticulture.
How Does Your Garden Grow? Library Resources
The Garden Club maintains a small collection of gardening books and periodicals located in the parlor of the Lake Hills Presbyterian Church. Any club member may check out a book for personal use by simply signing the card located in the back of the selected book and leaving it in the designated basket. If you wish to donate a book to our library, simply contact Linda Haynes and she will take care of adding it to our collection.