Click on any of the images below to enlarge!
Annandale located on Maloney Road was built on the site of Col. Chapman’s barn. The home may have been designed by David West Barber, who lived on Timberlake as did his cousin Charles Barber.
Brakebill Farm at the intersection of Alcoa Highway and Maloney Road was the home of John H. Brakebill and his wife, Lisa.
Goodman Home Judge Thomas Goodman, bought part of Colonel Harvey’s estate in 1936 and built a house at 3824 Maloney Road.
Harvey Farmhouse (Rivermont) located at the corner of Maloney Road and Montlake Drive was built by Oscar Coker and was purchased by Col. Charles H. Harvey about 1900.
McCarrell Cabin located on McCarrell Lane is the oldest structure on its original site in Knox County. The cabin has been remodeled some and siding added, but the original log structure remains.
McCarrell Spring also on McCarrell Lane once provided water for much of South Knoxville including areas from current Lakemoor thru Washington Heights all the way to Maryville Pike.
Moore Estate located at Montlake and Maloney was built in 1941 for W.T. and Mary C. Moore.
Speedwell Manor located at Blow and Manor Drives is on the original site of the Peter E. Blow home. Born in 1854, Blow built his home about 1910. The original home burned. Later the current home, was moved brick by brick from Speedwell, Tennessee. The large white porch on the back of the house was part of the original Peter Blow Home.
Wells Cemetery located on Manor Drive is one of several Revolutionary War era cemeteries on the peninsula. Jesse Wells family and many of the early residents are buried in this very accessible location.