… Click for details about Dogwood Trails Letter to Residents
June Neighborhood Happy Hour is ON!
NEIGHBORHOOD HAPPY HOUR PRESENTS: “Grillin’ with the Guys”
Friday, June 17th 5:00 PM
January 2022 HOA Meeting Presentations Posted on Resources Page
The Knox County Traffic Calming, Knox County Air Quality and Lakemoor Hills Sign Committee presentations from the January, 2022 meeting are available to review on the RESOURCES page.
Take Me to the Resources Page!
Direct link to Lakemoor Hills Sign presentation
LHHA Membership Dues Renewals are In the Mail
Dear Lakemoor Hills neighbors,
It is time once again for our annual membership drive for the Lakemoor Hills Homeowner’s Association. Your $40 membership dues and participation are vital to the many benefits that our association brings to the neighborhood.
Each household will receive a renewal letter in the mail, but you are welcome to use this link to renew online. You can also renew online by going to our website https://lakemoor.org and selecting the HOA Dues and Renewal button at the top, left corner of the screen.
Also in the mailing is information about the Lakemoor Hills Resource Council, our 501 (c)3. Through this organization we have been able to accomplish a number of projects in the neighborhood such as resurfacing the tennis courts, the development of Lakemoor Legacy Park & Garden as well as others. Please read their information and consider a donation to help fund future projects.
We currently have a membership meeting scheduled for 7 PM on September 21 at Lake Hills Church. It will be great to see our neighbors again! Stay tuned for any updates.
Holiday Spirit Awards plus NEW Neighbors’ Choice Awards
Lakemoor is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Lights are being hung on the homes throughout our peninsula and our community tree is decorated.
The Beautification Committee’s secret panel of judges is excited to cruise the neighborhood selecting the properties they feel represent the Holiday Spirit in Lakemoor. Three Holiday Spirit Awards will be awarded (homes that have won within the last three years are ineligible). Judging will be Sunday & Monday Dec 13 & 14 so be sure your lights will be on. Results will be posted Tue Dec 15th and yards signs placed.
NEW this year….you too will be able to vote in our new award category…NEIGHBORS’ CHOICE AWARD. You will have three votes to cast for homes you feel display the spirit of Christmas in Lakemoor. The three homes receiving the most votes will have a festive lawn sign (shown below) placed in the front of their Christmas Palace. All residence are eligible to vote – you don’t have to be a member of the Lakemoor Homeowners Association. Also all Lakemoor homes are on the ballot. To vote you must have a Lakemoor address and a valid e-mail address. Voting opened Dec 7th and will close Sunday Dec 13th at midnight. This gives you all this week and weekend to tour the neighborhood enjoying the lights and determining your choices. To vote Click the link below.
Lastly, if you aren’t a member of the Lakemoor Homeowners Association we encourage you to join and help support the wonderful neighborhood events like this! (see link below on membership)
MONTLAKE DR. Traffic Change Begins Tomorrow
KNOXVILLE – Motorists traveling in Knox County should be aware of upcoming traffic changes along Alcoa Highway in Knox County.
Beginning on Wednesday, December 2, access from Barber Hill Road and Montlake Drive to Alcoa Highway will be closed. Signage is in place for new traffic patterns for Barber Hill Road and Montlake Drive to and from Alcoa Highway.
Here is a look at the new traffic patterns for Barber Hill Road and Montlake Drive to and from Alcoa Highway.
Beginning on Wednesday, December 2, access from both Barber Hill Road and Montlake to Alcoa Highway will be closed permanently.
New traffic patterns are as follows:
- Montlake Drive traffic to Alcoa Highway northbound: Will travel east around the round-a-bout at Montlake round-a-bout, cross the bridge, turn left onto Collector 3, turn left onto Woodson
Drive and then turn right onto Alcoa Highway northbound.
- Montlake Drive traffic to Alcoa Highway southbound: Will travel south at the round-a-bout at Montlake round-a-bout, follow along Collector 6 (at the base of the large wall) and the turn right
onto Alcoa Highway southbound at the stop sign.
- Barber Hill traffic to Alcoa Highway northbound: Turn right onto Collector 3, turn left onto Woodson Drive and then turn right onto Alcoa Highway northbound.
- Barber Hill traffic to Alcoa Highway southbound: Will travel across the bridge, turn left onto Collector 6, and turn right onto Alcoa Highway souhtbound at the stop sign.
- Alcoa Highway southbound to Montlake Drive: Turn right onto Maloney Road, turn left at the round-a-bout and go east across the bridge, go left around the round-a-bout and turn right onto Alcoa Highway southbound, turn right onto Collector 5 (side road the runs by National Fitness Center and the Health Factory), turn left and cross the bridge, turn right onto Collector 6, and turn left at the round-a-bout to Montlake Drive.
- Alcoa Highway northbound to Montlake Drive: Turn right onto Collector 5 (side road the runs by National Fitness Center and the Health Factory), turn left and cross the bridge, turn right onto Collector 6, and turn left at the round-a-bout to Montlake Drive.
- Alcoa Highway northbound to Barber Hill: Turn right onto Woodson Drive, turn right onto Collector 3, turn left onto Barber Hill.
- Alcoa Highway southbound to Barber Hill: Turn right onto Maloney Road, turn left at the round-a-bout and go east across the bridge, go left around the round-a-bout and turn right onto Alcoa Highway northbound, turn right onto Woodson Drive, turn right onto Collector 3, turn left onto Barber Hill.
This schedule is contingent on favorable weather conditions. Motorists are advised to use extreme caution in this area as workers will be present.
For more information on this project, please visit: https://www.tn.gov/tdot/projects/projects-region-1/sr-115-alcoa-highway-maloney-to-woodson.html
In 2016, the Tennessee Department of Transportation lost three workers in the line of duty. All three were struck by passing motorists. Those tragedies bring the total number of TDOT lives lost to 112. We don’t want to lose another member of our TDOT family. We’re asking you to WORK WITH US. Click on the WORK WITH US logo to learn more.
TDOT Community Relations Officer
Region 1 (East Tennessee)
7345 Region Lane
Knoxville, TN 37914
Alcoa Hwy Update – Bridges Open Dec. 2 – Traffic Reroutes
Drivers that wish to go north on Alcoa Hwy towards downtown Knoxville
- Drivers that wish to go north on Alcoa Hwy towards downtown Knoxville will cross Alcoa Hwy on the new Montlake bridge, turn left on the new feeder road on the east side of Alcoa Hwy and follow that new feeder road to Woodson Dr. There the driver will turn left onto Woodson and right onto Alcoa Hwy.
Traveling southward (towards Maryville) on Alcoa Hwy
- Traveling southward (towards Maryville) on Alcoa Hwy, the exit from Alcoa Hwy to Montlake will no longer be open except to the first 4 residents who front on Montlake (2543, 2535, 2527, and 2519 Montlake). The barrier signage at Alcoa Hwy will indicate “LOCAL RESIDENTS ONLY”, which means ONLY the 4 addresses listed above at this time.
- Those on Lynbrulee, Craghead and Trillium and all other residents who travel Montlake will have to access their properties by exiting at the Maloney bridge and driving through Lakemoor Hills to the intersection of Montlake and Maloney.
- To leave Lakemoor Hills and go southbound on Alcoa Hwy, you will need to drive to Maloney Rd. and enter Alcoa Hwy by driving ¾ of the way around the roundabout and taking the exit to Alcoa Hwy.
- This change will place a great increase in traffic on Maloney Rd. I encourage each of you to have patience and drive the speed limit (30 MPH) to make the roads safe for all.
Western Feeder Road (Lakemoor Hills Side)
- The feeder road on the west side (Lakemoor Hills side) of Alcoa Hwy will be open to 2-way traffic between the Montlake roundabout and the Mt. Vernon bridge. This will allow the residents of Martha Washington Heights to join the Lakemoor Hills residents as we move northward to Woodson to enter Alcoa Hwy.
- The remainder of the western feeder road (from Mt. Vernon bridge southward) will not be continuous to the Maloney bridge until AT&T relocates some telephone poles that restrict the completion of the paving. As we get more information about that progress, we will pass along to you.
Eastern Feeder Road (Martha Washington Heights Side)
- The feeder road on the eastern side of Alcoa Hwy (Martha Washington Heights side) will be 2-way from Mt. Vernon bridge past National Fitness to SHA Automotive.
LHHA Meeting Presentation – 11/17/2020
Here is the presentation from tonight’s Lakemoor Hills Homeowners Association meeting.LHHA Presentation 11-17-20
LHHA Social Media Policy
Greetings Neighbors! Your LHHA Board is pleased to present our Social Media Policy. We’ve created these guidelines to define the values of the community we live in and seek to build upon. We share a connection to a wonderful place – our neighborhood. Your input and comments are always welcome.LHHA Social Media Guidelines - Final
Announcing: MONTLAKE ROAD CLOSURE _ Nov. 8, 9, 10 (7 PM to 5 AM)
Reports of water outages have been… trickling in. As of this announcement Bluff Point, Timberlake, Blow, Tall Pine, Manor Road, Fox Chase, McCarrell Lane, Maloney. KUB has received… a flood of reports.
Oh wait! … News Splash; Water is back on. Check your taps.