The picnic committee has designed a wonderful day for all of us to get together to visit with old neighbors and meet new ones. This picnic is open to everyone living in Lakemoor Hills with lots of activities for children. The following is information about the day and activities in which you might want to participate.
Date: Saturday April 2, 2022
Time: 2PM to 6PM (arrive by 1:45PM to watch or march in the opening parade)
Location: Lake Hills Presbyterian Church grounds
Opening Ceremonies & Parade
The day will commence with a rumbling procession of the entrees in the car show bringing in our Grand Marshal, Ann Graf (1:50PM). Immediately after that, the parade will commence with a ribbon cutting by the Grand Marshal.
Special note about our Grand Marshal. Ann Graf has worked hard chairing the Dogwood Committee for 12 years. This is her last year chairing the committee, so we are sending her off with a big thank you and a Golf Cart ride in the parade!
Parade Info and Participation
The parade route is one lap around the walking trail of the church grounds. Please come out in time to either watch the parade (2PM) or better yet MARCH IN IT (be there at 1:45PM).
Pre-Parade Children’s Activity – Children ages 4 to 14 are invited to help design and paint the parade banner. This will occur at 11am the day of the picnic at the church picnic tables. One hour duration.
Parade Marchers – everyone (young and old) is welcomed to march in the parade. We ask that marchers decorate themselves with something representing spring. Also you can pull something such as a wagon full of flowers etc.
- Registration is not required. Simply show up at 1:45PM at the church to line up for the parade.
- No-dogs please.
Parade Bikes – nonmotor bikes only. We ask that you decorate your bike with something representing spring.
- Registration is not required. Simply show up at 1:45 at the church to line up for the parade.
- After the parade you can show off your bike next to the classic cars.
- Children’s Activities – numerous things to keep them busy and intrigued all day including:
bounce house, art activities, games with prizes, corn hole, parade leaders / flag and banner carriers, music tents – play a steel drum and jam with the band.
- Food – Food Trucks will be on location for your purchase. Due to Covid we will not be providing or sharing food.
- Jam with the Band – there will be a performer. They will also be doing a very “loose” jam session. Bring your instruments and join in!
- Plant Swap
Bring anything that you want to share with others. Can be wrapped in newspaper or potted. Please label.
- Car Show
This is a casual show, no judging, just enjoying. You can drive in and leave anytime between 2 PM & 6 PM. If you have a car contact Randy Kerns cell 937-694-5627 or e-mail email@example.com
- Owner must reside in Lakemoor Hills.
- Car doesn’t have to be perfect or expensive. Just interesting.
- Antique – 1890 – 1945
- Classic/Muscle – 1946 to 1990
- Sports Cars/High Performance – All years
- Street Rods/Retro Mods – All years
NOTE – We will be launching the picnic by rumbling into picnic grounds in a procession. All cars will assemble on Tall Pines Road at 1:45PM. Just before 1:55PM we will drive up Montlake to the church, circle the parking lot, then park the cars in the grass. Please join us for this exciting entrance.
See you there!