And then the night comes alive…With lights to dazzle…
And everything’s extraordinary…Nothing is left ordinary
These are the poetic words from our secret panel judging our Lakemoor Hills neighborhood for the Holiday Spirit Awards. Was it lights or the wine? We don’t know but we do know that Y’all have really come alive with Christmas Decorations. So alive that the 3 Holiday Spirit Awards presented every year has been increased to 4. And honorable mentions use to only get the small print in the FB post WE NOW HAVE SIGNS!
There are so many and all deserve a big HO HO HO for their holiday spirit. FYI – if someone wins they are ineligible for 3 years this allows us to recognize all efforts.
Holiday Spirit Awards (random order)
- Barbara Houchin 3704 Maloney
- Terry Kenner & Rex Goins 2301 Lakemoor
- Brad & Kinsey Taylor 3601 Bluff
- Forrest & Susie Orr 2025 W Velmetta
Honorable Mention (random order)
- Dennis & Laura Rexroad 2211 Manor
- Daniel & Kendel Levy 3523 Maloney
- Joseph & Kimberly Burger 3811 Maloney
- Toby Tumpson 3929 Maloney
- Barbara McCauley 3511 Riversedge Circle
Special Mention Creative Nature
- Ann & Dick Graf 3505 Bluff Point
Third Friday Happy Hour in the Park!
July 19th 5-7 pm
Come one – Come all to Circle Lake!
Last month we had a great turnout. Bring a neighbor and meet a few new ones!!
BYOB and BYO chair.
Bring an appetizer if you wish.
Tea and Lemonade provided.
THERE HERE!!! Remember those wonderful Caladiums offered by the Garden Club last year? These high quality (much much better than the box store) Caladiums are for sale by the Garden Club and you can’t beat the priceGreat plants for pots on a porch of a shady or partial shady location. The red ones do very well in sun, especially morning sun. The white and pink do best with some shade or morning sun.
Price: $5 each or 5 plants for $20.
- Simply pick them up at either Fran Thomforde’s home 3616 Circle Lake Ln. (Fran’s Cell 865-621-2418) or Suzan Bowman’s home 3717 Maloney Rd
- Order by email using the attached order form (see below link). Send to Fran’s email email@example.com
- Snail mail the order form (see below link) to Fran Thomforde’s 3616 Circle Lake Lane 37920 or drop an order form off at Fran or Suzan house or just show up, pick out your plants and pay.
We prefer that you come pick out your plants, but if you can’t there. Fran is kind enough to deliver
Dogwood Trails – Roll down your car windows or pop that top – slow down and take in the beauty of our peninsula and our city.
Part of the Dogwood Trail experience is specially selected Open Gardens. These are homes, historic sites or area gardens you are allowed to stroll and enjoy. These are open during daylight hours until April 30th.
We have six open gardens in our neighborhood:
1. Thomfordes 3616 Circle Lake
2. Dr. Gillespies 2117 Manor
3. Bill Stoess & Mary Cartwright 4000 Maloney
4. Grafs 3505 Bluff Point
5. Gerkins 2300 Lakemoor.
6. Lakemoor Legacy Park & Gardens at Circle Lake
Great to see so many neighbors attend the Association Meeting last Thursday night. What a nice tribute to Charlie Mulligan,.
Everyone enjoyed the social time before the meeting along with the wonderful finger food supplied by Family Meal. They are a nice and talented couple that would love to hear from anyone interested in their food services. Below is the link to their website also in the photo section I have pics of their card. http://www.familymealdfh.com
Return of the Caladiums … WAIT don’t buy them at a retailer.
The Garden Club will again be offering high quality Caladiums at a lower price than Garden Shops and Box Stores. Direct from the grower they perform much better than the ones you get from a retailer. Details on availability coming soon.
Lakemoor is Lighting Up!! It looks a lot like Christmas. Holiday Spirit Award judging will occur during the next couple nights. Be sure to plug in and show us your Holiday Spirit. Three winners will be selected along with an honorable mention. A sign will be placed in the winner’s yards
Holiday Bows are now hung around the neighborhood. Big thanks to Kathy Proctor and Susan Orr for making the bows. And thanks to CL Overman for helping me hang them. CL you are still the best BOW FLUFFER south of the Mason Dixon.
Reminder – Lakemoor Neighbors the beautiful Holiday Mailbox Toppers & Door Swags are available again this year. These are a great way to bring the holiday spirit to the neighborhood along with helping fund improvements to the neighborhood. See attached flier for ordering