The Blalock project manager has notified LHHA that on Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2020 the Montlake and Mt. Vernon bridges will open.
Drivers that wish to go north on Alcoa Hwy towards downtown Knoxville
- Drivers that wish to go north on Alcoa Hwy towards downtown Knoxville will cross Alcoa Hwy on the new Montlake bridge, turn left on the new feeder road on the east side of Alcoa Hwy and follow that new feeder road to Woodson Dr. There the driver will turn left onto Woodson and right onto Alcoa Hwy.
Traveling southward (towards Maryville) on Alcoa Hwy
- Traveling southward (towards Maryville) on Alcoa Hwy, the exit from Alcoa Hwy to Montlake will no longer be open except to the first 4 residents who front on Montlake (2543, 2535, 2527, and 2519 Montlake). The barrier signage at Alcoa Hwy will indicate “LOCAL RESIDENTS ONLY”, which means ONLY the 4 addresses listed above at this time.
- Those on Lynbrulee, Craghead and Trillium and all other residents who travel Montlake will have to access their properties by exiting at the Maloney bridge and driving through Lakemoor Hills to the intersection of Montlake and Maloney.
- To leave Lakemoor Hills and go southbound on Alcoa Hwy, you will need to drive to Maloney Rd. and enter Alcoa Hwy by driving ¾ of the way around the roundabout and taking the exit to Alcoa Hwy.
- This change will place a great increase in traffic on Maloney Rd. I encourage each of you to have patience and drive the speed limit (30 MPH) to make the roads safe for all.
Western Feeder Road (Lakemoor Hills Side)
- The feeder road on the west side (Lakemoor Hills side) of Alcoa Hwy will be open to 2-way traffic between the Montlake roundabout and the Mt. Vernon bridge. This will allow the residents of Martha Washington Heights to join the Lakemoor Hills residents as we move northward to Woodson to enter Alcoa Hwy.
- The remainder of the western feeder road (from Mt. Vernon bridge southward) will not be continuous to the Maloney bridge until AT&T relocates some telephone poles that restrict the completion of the paving. As we get more information about that progress, we will pass along to you.
Eastern Feeder Road (Martha Washington Heights Side)
- The feeder road on the eastern side of Alcoa Hwy (Martha Washington Heights side) will be 2-way from Mt. Vernon bridge past National Fitness to SHA Automotive.
This is a lot to try to picture in your minds. Just remember, starting next Wednesday, Dec. 2, use extreme caution as you learn these new paths to enter and exit our neighborhood.
More updates will be posted as we hear from TDOT and Blalock.